Data Protection Notice
When you enquire about classes with Spectrum Pilates, I will collect (process) some personal information about you, including your name and contact details. If you sign up for classes, I will additionally request certain health information. The purpose of this Notice is to explain what types of information I collect, why I collect it, how I use it, and how it is stored, as well as your rights with respect to that information.
The processor of your information is Emily Harwood, trading as Spectrum Pilates. My registered address is 32 Trees Road, Hughenden Valley, High Wycombe, HP14 4PW.
If you have any questions about use of your personal information, you can contact me at the address above, or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
What type of Personal Information does Spectrum Pilates process and why?
When filling in a web enquiry form on spectrumpilates.co.uk you will provide Spectrum Pilates with your e-mail address, and any additional contact information you chose to include, to enable me to respond to your enquiry. If you contact me for information on Spectrum Pilates’ classes, I will consider myself as having a legitimate business interest to provide you with further information about my classes. You may request to be withdrawn from all such provision of further information at any time.
When signing up for a class with Spectrum Pilates, I will ask you to complete a Client Enrolment Form, with your name, address, telephone number and e-mail address (“Personal Data”) and certain health information including your exercise goals and details of any injuries, physical impediments to exercise or medical conditions (“Special Category Personal Data”) (together “Personal Information”).
In attending classes with Spectrum Pilates you should understand that you are forming a contract with me. Your Personal Information is processed on a legitimate interest basis, to enable me to keep you informed of information relating to classes you have signed up for. I will never send you unnecessary or irrelevant communications.
I will use your Personal Data to:
- respond to any correspondence and enquiries you send to me in respect of my classes;
- keep you informed via e-mail or text message of any changes to dates or times of classes, including cancellations;
- provide you by e-mail with re-booking information towards the end of each term;
- occasionally provide you by e-mail with relevant instructional information or video clips about Pilates exercises to enhance your understanding and enjoyment of Pilates; and
- if you are on the waiting list for place, to let you know when a space becomes available in class for you.
If you do not wish to receive the information listed in 4, above, you may opt-out by sending me an e-mail to email@example.com.
I will use your Special Category Personal Data to:
- advise you about any necessary adaptations to exercises or any movements to avoid as a result of any injuries or physical restrictions you may have; and
- to make sure you are able to exercise safely, effectively and appropriately.
Who has access to your Personal Information and how is it stored?
Only I have access to the Personal Information you have provided to me. I will never disclose or share your Personal Data with any third party without first obtaining your express and specific permission to do so, for example if, exceptionally, another teacher had to cover one of my classes due to illness.
Your Personal Data is stored in the Cloud, accessible through the address book app on my laptop and mobile phone, access to both of which is password and/or PIN protected.
Your Special Category Personal Data is digitised, any hard copies are destroyed, and the digital files are stored in the Cloud in a password-protected file to which only I have access.
How long will your Personal Information be retained?
Waiting list / informal enquiries
I will retain your Personal Information for as long as you remain on the waiting list for or subsequently attend a class with Spectrum Pilates. I will delete your Personal Information if you ask me to remove you from the waiting list, or if you fail to respond to an e-mail informing you that a space has become available for you.
I will retain your Personal Information for as long as you continue attending classes with Spectrum Pilates, and, in an archived file, for 7 years afterwards.
Your Data Protection Rights
You have the following rights with regard to your data:
- The right to access, correct, update, obtain an electronic copy of, or request deletion of your Personal Information. Please contact me by email at firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to do so.
- The right to restrict or object to processing of your Personal Information, or to opt-out of newsletters. Please contact me by email at email@example.com if you wish to do so.
- The right to complain to a data protection authority about collection and use of your Personal Information. For more information you may contact your local data protection authority.